Identity is a property an individual or group possesses. There are two main forms of identity: self-identity and essential identity.
Some variables that are appropriate to discussing gender, sexuality, and orientation are:
- Polysexual/monosexual/asexual, ternary,[wp] i.e., one can be attracted to a single gender or more than one or none.
- Transgender/cisgender binary, i.e., one can identify with the gender assigned to one at birth or not.
- Non-binary/binary gender binary, i.e., one can identify with a binary gender or not.
- Asexual/sexual spectra aka greysexuality and demisexuality, i.e., you one express sexual attraction or not.
- Aromantic/romantic spectra aka greyromanticism and demiromanticism, i.e., one can experience romantic attraction or not.
- Gender presentation spectrum/spectra, i.e., one can dress any way you like, but society might try to describe one or one's clothing, behaviour and mannerisms using gendered language or with reference to the gender binary, e.g., femme.
Identity Shift, by Robot hugs